Minio GCS Gateway
Minio GCS Gateway adds Amazon S3 compatibility to Google Cloud Storage.
Run Minio Gateway for GCS
Create service account key for GCS and get the credentials file
- Go to the API Console Credentials page.
- Select your project or create a new project. Note down your project ID.
- On the Credentials page, select the Create credentials drop-down, then select Service account key.
- From the Service account drop-down, select New service account
- Fill up Service account name and Service account ID
- For the Role, click the selec dropdown to choose Storage -> Storage Admin (Full control of GCS resources)
- Click the Create button. This will download a credentials file to your desktop. Let's call this credentials.json
Note: Alternate ways to setup Application Default Credentials is explained here
docker run -p 9000:9000 --name gcs-s3 \ -v /path/to/credentials.json:/credentials.json \ -e "GOOGLE_APPLICATION_CREDENTIALS=/credentials.json" \ -e "MINIO_ACCESS_KEY=minioaccountname" \ -e "MINIO_SECRET_KEY=minioaccountkey" \ minio/minio gateway gcs yourprojectid
export GOOGLE_APPLICATION_CREDENTIALS=/path/to/credentials.json export MINIO_ACCESS_KEY=minioaccesskey export MINIO_SECRET_KEY=miniosecretkey minio gateway gcs yourprojectid
Test using Minio Browser
Minio Gateway comes with an embedded web based object browser. Point your web browser to http://127.0.0.1:9000 to ensure that your server has started successfully.
Test using Minio Client
mc provides a modern alternative to UNIX commands such as ls, cat, cp, mirror, diff etc. It supports filesystems and Amazon S3 compatible cloud storage services.
mc config host add mygcs http://gateway-ip:9000 minioaccesskey miniosecretkey
List containers on GCS
mc ls mygcs [2017-02-22 01:50:43 PST] 0B ferenginar/ [2017-02-26 21:43:51 PST] 0B my-container/ [2017-02-26 22:10:11 PST] 0B test-container1/
Gateway inherits the following GCS limitations:
- Only read-only or write-only bucket policy supported at bucket level, all other variations will return API Notimplemented error.
- List Multipart Uploads and List Object parts always returns empty list. i.e Client will need to remember all the parts that it has uploaded and use it for Complete Multipart Upload
- Bucket notification APIs are not supported.